I have various things I’d like to read/scan at some point, mostly gathered over the past several weeks. But I hate the clutter in my Safari bookmarks bar, so I’ll dump them here… easier to find in the future. Follow at your own risk.
- 5 patterns quiz – Gotta love self-assessment, hokey or not
- Caring for your introvert [Atlantic Monthly] – Never sure whether I qualify or not, but I do have tendencies.
- The Second Coming – A Manifesto – An essay by Gelernter that extends over six web pages. Unfortunately, undated.
- Microcontent and Metadata trends – Commentary by Rajesh Jain on Joi Ito’s post on this topic. “Context instead of content” is the best one-liner.
- Syndicating topics – More about metadata by Bill Kearney, found via Rajesh Jain.
- Make your calendar an RSS feed? – While I admire the creativity, does anything think we’re seeing everything as (RSS) nails since we have a new (RSS) hammer?
- Mailing list participants, by type – Fun, even if mailing lists are diminishing as the medium of choice for public discussion.
- Newsreader feature ideas – Gary Burd, referencing a longer post by Phil Wolff.
- Characteristics of great project managers – We all end up project managing from time to time.
- Valuing conferences – I’m not much of a conference-goer, so not really qualified to judge, but interested all the same.
- Text summarizers – Been curious about where these could work effectively. I know of one place at work where a home-grown one is in active use.
- Portable file server, Sony style – More and more, the keyboard and monitor are just a way at getting at your personal data store.
I’ll stop there, until the next cleaning frenzy comes on.